Kickstart your new venture with interactive and intensive support to get you started on the right foot alongside a group of supportive peers.
Designed for pre-starts, SMEs and sole traders new to business (trading less than 12 months), the Start-Up Bootcamp provides an opportunity for entrepreneurs to focus on developing a viable, successful and sustainable business.
The bootcamp is also suitable for trading SMEs and sole traders needing to take the time out to reframe strategy and reinvent their business model or launch new products/services.
Attendees will leave this programme with a clear plan on how to move their new business forward, a refined business proposition, clear ideas on structure and model. In addition, they’ll have had a chance to reflect on their own mindset and resilience and consider what support and resources they may need.
Agenda (subject to slight changes to meet the needs of the group):
- Mindset & resilience.
- Lean start-up modelling, finance (the basics).
- Reviewing, developing and testing your value proposition, intro to experiment design.
- Developing your pitch.
- Marketing on a shoestring.
- Accountability, review and action planning.
Introduction to the Delivery Partner
Ruby Star Associates help businesses, social enterprises and charities of all shapes and sizes grow, build accountable teams, generate more income, and innovate. We help leaders free up their time, surround themselves with brilliance and focus on the stuff that really matters. We are all about enterprise, entrepreneurship and making a massive difference.
Simon Calderbank, the Ruby Star Associate delivering this bootcamp, is an expert in behavioural psychology, elite performance development and developing growth mind-set. He is an experienced facilitator, trainer and coach and has great experience and knowledge in helping people and their start-up businesses, given he runs his own! He has helped to develop and deliver many bootcamps via our programme, to great acclaim from delegates.
Who can attend?
You need to be registered, or be eligible to register, on the ERDF-funded Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme. To be eligible you must be:
- Small – your business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%. You may also be a pre-start business.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) or home address is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
- Able to commit to receiving 12 hours of support through our workshops and 1:1s, and must not have achieved over 6 hours of support already.
- Be new to business or facing significant need to change or adapt your business.
Please contact us to discuss the support if you're unsure of eligibility firstname.lastname@example.org, 01244 512 655.
How to join the workshop
Once you have registered your interest through Eventbrite, a member of the team will be in contact to confirm your eligibility and place on the workshop. You will then be provided with a link to join the sessions via Zoom. If you have not used Zoom before, try downloading and testing it out beforehand. Here is a link to some tutorials Here is a link to some tutorials if you struggle or you can email us email@example.com.
Photographs and/or recordings will take place throughout the event. Images will be used for publicity or other purposes to help achieve the UoC ERDF Funded C&W Business Growth Programme aims. This might include (but is not limited to) use in printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please speak to a member of the Business Growth Programme Team when you join the event.