Date set for Youth Awards to Celebrate the Achievements of the Young People of Warrington
The Warrington Youth Awards are set to return in 2020 with an Oscars inspired ceremony at The Village Hotel in April.
There are eight categories, each designed to recognise the achievements of the young people of Warrington.
• The Candice Roberts Young Carer Award - In memory of a young person who supported others and lived a full life with a positive attitude, this will be awarded to someone who goes the extra mile to help and support others.
• Outstanding Contribution to the Community – Recognises a young person who has made a real improvement by supporting people or a cause in their local community.
• My Journey – Celebrates the progress a young person has made in their own life through overcoming significant challenges, struggles or barriers, or has changed their life for the better in order to achieve a significant goal.
• Sports Personality – Recognises a young person who has shown commitment, hard-work and passion in a sport over the last year.
• Art Personality – Awarded to a young person who has made a significant and meaningful contribution to the community through their chosen form of arts.
• The Rea Muir Learning & Achievement Award - This will be awarded to a young person who has not let a disability define them and has strived to achieve great things in either their educational or vocational learning.
• Young Volunteer Award – Presented to a young person who has made a significant contribution to an organisation or cause through their commitment to volunteering their own time and skills.
• Young Person of the Year – The winner of this award will be selected from nominations from all the awards and will be presented to someone who has encompassed what it means to be a caring, passionate and driven individual, dedicated to making a difference, and always trying their best.
Nominations can be made online via the Warrington Youth Club website https://www.warringtonyouthclub.co.uk/warrington-youth-awards-2020/ and are open now, the closing date for entries is Friday 27th March 2020. Young people aged from 7 to 19 (or up to 25 with a disability) from all areas of Warrington can be nominated.
Those shortlisted will be invited to join us at an Oscars inspired Awards Ceremony at The Village Hotel on Thursday 23rd April 2020 at 6.00pm, along with their families and special guests. The accomplishments of all those nominated will be celebrated before the winners are announced, and the evening will conclude at 9.00pm following the young people’s after-show party disco.
Dave McNicholl, CEO of OnSide Warrington Youth Club, commented: “we have hosted the Warrington Youth Awards for a number of years now, they are a true reminder of the amazing impact young people can have on their local community. We are looking forward to celebrating with the 2020 nominees who should be incredibly proud of the difference they make, not only in their own lives, but also in the lives of other young people across Warrington.”
The awards are free to enter and attend. Business sponsorship is available, to find out more information contact Lisa Culverhouse email@example.com