Meet the Member - Angela Pendlebury from Positive Lifestyle Rewards
- Name of Business Positive Lifestyle Rewards Ltd
- Who are you? Angela Pendlebury - Owner and Director of the company
- What sets you apart from the competition? I am an expert on Vitality’s products, wellness programme and business offerings. The business is based around helping to improve the health and wellbeing of the people in the local area, whilst saving them money along the way. What makes us unique though, is the feeling we have for our clients. As a broker I truly care about my clients’ futures and success and get a real kick out of helping people to enhance their lives and live longer. As such my small team are keen to build trusted relationships with any potential clients and will happily go the extra mile in order to assure that the customer fully understands the incredible value of our offerings.
- How did the business come about? Interest in health and wellbeing has always been at the forefront of my life. I am keen on mountaineering, maintaining a positive attitude and conduct research on chemicals in foods and products that we consume, as I believe certain chemicals and overload of chemicals in our bodies can lead to ill health or mortality. Then after years of feeling unfulfilled in the corporate field, I was introduced to Vitality, and everything clicked together instantly. As a person who enjoys seeing others healthy and happy, I fell in love with Vitality’s business values and knew that their excellent offerings could have a tremendous impact on the people in Warrington. I stepped outside my comfort zone, left my job behind, and started the business. Having spent an extensive period researching and studying everything that Vitality had to offer, I successfully became an exclusive associate of Vitality Life and Health and am now a specialist in the field. As a specialist, I am very thorough with my products and offer free consultations with any customers who are interested in learning more. Whether you need to stop smoking, lose weight or are interested in our additional (non-insurance) employee engagement services, we are here to help you in every way possible and can make a true low-cost impact to all businesses and employees throughout the UK. No other company can consolidate these sensational services as we can. I have never been happier than I am now, and it feels fantastic to be leading a business built on integrity, honesty and passion!
- What are your main target markets? My discussions start with business owners, MDs, HR managers, senior leaders or SME enterprises in Warrington, as they can see the sheer value that we bring in terms of employee wellbeing and engagement solutions. However, we do have solutions that are appropriate for individuals of all ages (18+), especially those who are growing their families.
- How long has your business been in existence? We have been established for two years and growth has occurred at a faster rate than I could have wished for, with the business operating as healthily as our clients!
- What job or achievement makes you most proud? I am lucky enough to have a lot of things that I am proud of in terms of my business. My hard-work and undying effort to become a Vitality expert is something that I hold in very high regard; it took a lot of time and effort to get here, but the achievement was more than worth it. In terms of a job that sticks out to me, there was a time whereby I transformed the insurance protection for three directors of a business in Warrington. I helped them understand that new legislation had been introduced, meaning that their cover wasn’t worth the paper it was written on! We arranged a meeting and I introduced them onto a much more comprehensive package for themselves, their families and their employees, whilst significantly reducing their monthly premiums. Now they have cover that allows them to sit back and relax, with full peace of mind, knowing that those closest to them and their business are fully protected.
- Where do you see the business being in five years? We are on a mission to motivate over 3,000 people and improve over 500 businesses in Warrington within the next five years. Warrington is a town with a lot of love, hard-working people and is a place of great prosperity. I want to continue to be a part of this community and will strive to become the go-to company in Warrington for insurance protection and employee benefits. Exciting and ambitious projects are in the pipeline for Positive Lifestyle Rewards in 2019 as we look to educate the people of Warrington in order to improve the mental health of individuals, as well as their physical health. Collaborating with other businesses was a resounding success for us in 2018 and throwing myself into co-operative environments saw my peers recognise and vote me as the networker of the year. Throughout 2019 I will continue to work within these groups and would love to expand my horizons even further by meeting with fellow professionals
- Tell us one interesting thing about you that people might not know? I used to run a small independent fashion business for six years! When living in New Zealand, my mum always used to have a sewing machine in the house, so when a teenager, I began making clothing for my Barbie dolls. Over the years this evolved into me designing my own fashion ranges and patterns, before making clothes for myself to wear. The entire operation was run from the garage in my back garden and my bespoke garments were regularly sold to a number of clients. Fashion has always been, and remains to be, one of my true passions.
- Fantasy Dinner Party - Which eight people alive or dead would you invite? Tony Robbins, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, Jamie Oliver, Gianni Versace, Lady Gaga, Elizabeth Taylor, Keith Lemon and my son, as I would absolutely love for him to experience such an exciting party with me!
As I have only had the opportunity to chat with a few of the WBEX member, I would love to arrange a one-to-one with you so that we can have an informal chat about the needs of your business. If my business is something that you would like to engage with, please contact me via: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 07857010262.