Meet the Member - Iain McLeod from IWG Plc, formerly Regus
• Name of Business:- IWG PLC
• Who are you? IWG plc, formerly Regus, is a multinational corporation that provides serviced offices, virtual offices, meeting rooms, and videoconferencing to clients on a contract basis.
• What sets you apart from the competition? Our USP’s and the fact we are the market leader in what we do in over 3000 locations, 900 cities, 120 countries worldwide
• How did the business come about? In 1989 while on a business trip to Brussels, Mark Dixon noted the lack of office space available to travelling business people; they were often forced to work from hotels. He identified a need for office space that was maintained, staffed, and available for companies to use on a flexible basis and went on to found his first business centre under the name "Regus" in Brussels in 1994.
• What are your main target markets? Companies who are looking for flexible office space • How long has your business been in existence? 30 years this year
• How many staff do you employ? 10,000+
• What job or achievement makes you most proud? When a client is happy, im happy!
• Where do you see the business being in five years? Still the market leader in serviced office space and to have more flagship stores all over the world.
• Why Warrington? Warrington has a great community spirt and is smack bang between Liverpool and Manchester, You get a great mix of people!
• Tell us one interesting thing about the business that might surprise us? Funnily enough we are human and we are here to help.
• Tell us one interesting thing about you that people might not know? (ie, hobbies, amusing fact, etc) I once appeared as a contestant on Blind date in 2003.
• Brexit – good, bad, opportunity? The question on everyone’s lips right now... for me I have concerns with both so I’m sitting on the fence with this one!
• Fantasy dinner party – which six people alive or dead would you invite? Mmm... Jade Goody, Micheal Jackson, Harry Redknapp, Jason Statham, Peter Kay and myself. Wow what a dinner party that would be!
Offers if any Business exchange customer takes office space with myself then can receive an extra 5% discount on present of their subscription membership.