Meet the Member - Sam Fox from Warrington Buyers Club
Sam Fox from Warrington Buyers Club
• Name of Business Warrington Buyers Club
• Who are you? We are a brand-new fully digital App that’s launching on the 12th July. Our aim is to; raise awareness of local charities, promote the best businesses across the town and provide our members with great deals every day.
• What sets you apart from the competition? We believe in what we are creating, and know that nothing on the market stands up against WBC. Yes there are loyalty schemes and mobile apps for national companies, but we're here to support the community we live in. The App is here to raise the profile of Warrington, by making the very best of what we have right on our doorstep! More than your bog-standard food and leisure card; you’ll be able to find products and services from almost any industry, in all corners of the town.
• How did the business come about? Warrington has given a tremendous amount to all of us involved in the Buyers Club, in many different ways - so we wanted to create a platform that could give even more back! The original idea was to have a Warrington wide, physical card, that members could keep with them at all times. But the reality is people are carrying around enough random loyalty cards already. So we thought, “what’s the one thing most people have with them, every single day… a phone!” Because we love Warrington, we decided that a charitable donation would be the perfect fee for all our business partners, and as St. Rocco’s as been very close to all out hearts, it felt like the perfect fit for our efforts.
• What are your main target markets? Everybody in Warrington can get something from signing up to WBC, so the only restriction is owning a smartphone! In particular, if you’re a first time home buyer, there is an almost endless amount of value on the App for you.
• How long has your business been in existence? We started our promotion of the WBC App about 4 weeks ago.
• How many staff do you employ? We are a team of 6 local people that have other businesses in Warrington.
• What job or achievement makes you most proud? Becoming a father is what makes me proud. Having two young sons makes me the best I can be. I’m also really proud that I achieved a First Class Bachelor Degree at university!
• Where do you see the business being in five years? We see WBC evolving into a community with over 25,000 members, all using the app on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. Finding the best businesses to buy services from. We also hope to have helped out our local charities and community projects in a massive way over the next 5 years. On top of our business partner donations, we will be very proactive in promoting and engaging with local events - ensuring that the very best Warrington has to offer is showcased via the App.
• Why Warrington? To me, Warrington is more than just a place, it’s home. For many of us, Warrington is the place we work, live, raise families, start businesses, socialise, meet new faces. So why not start a movement in the place that means the most to us?!
• Tell us one interesting thing about you that people might not know? (ie, hobbies, amusing fact, etc) – I used to be in a band called Portalights and played the Warrington Music Festival a couple of times. Sadly those days are behind me now, but put those drumsticks in my hand again and I’ll be right back at it. You never lose it! (I hope!)
• Brexit – good, bad, opportunity? – Opportunity. What will be, will be. But let it be the exciting start of an opportunity to change or make a difference.
• Fantasy dinner party – which six people alive or dead would you invite? – Interesting. I’ll start by saying my wife (as we’ve only just married!), Chad Smith (Drummer from Red Hot Chilli Peppers), Will Farrell, Steven Gerrard, Ant Middleton & Sylvester Stallone