Meet the Member - Sallie Maskrey - Portal Business Centres Ltd
* Name of Business Portal Business Centres Ltd
• Who are you? Sallie Maskrey
• What sets you apart from the competition? The effort we make to fully understand our clients needs and create bespoke packages. Our flexibility and in-house IT knowledge and support from our welcoming and friendly team..
• How did the business come about? Finding an alternative use for an empty building we owned in Priestley Street, Warrington
• What are your main target markets? SME’s / companies with satellite offices / requirements for meeting room hire / businesses based at home needing additional support to project the right image for their business
• How long has your business been in existence? 26 years
• How many staff do you employ? Across all sites, 12
• What job or achievement makes you most proud? Seeing our clients being successful, growing and developing. Also our longevity as a business.
• Where do you see the business being in five years? Focusing on the North West and growing the number of locations we have providing cost effective flexible work spaces with more co-working and shared environments served by the latest broadband and technology offerings.
• Why Warrington? We originally owned premises in Warrington that were empty and the idea developed as alternative use for that space.
• Tell us one interesting thing about the business that might surprise us? We have 95 offices, 425 workstations, 7 meeting rooms and co-working environments across 3 sites in the North West.
• Tell us one interesting thing about you that people might not know? (ie, hobbies, amusing fact, etc) Love of gardening, travel, walking and hot pilates.
• Brexit – good, bad, opportunity? Agree or disagree we are stuck with it so it has to be an opportunity
• Fantasy dinner party – which six people alive or dead would you invite? David Attenborough, Eddie Izzard, The Queen, Emmeline Pankhurst, Bruce Springsteen, my grandmother